
Poetry by definition is a literary work in metrical form or patterned language. It is the art of rhythmical composition which is designed to produce pleasure through beautiful, elevated, imaginative, or profound thoughts. Answer the following questions:
1. What are a few thoughts that you have immediately after someone says, "Poetry"?
2. Please write an original poem (one you create) and post it here. Have your poem be an example of what you view poetry to be. What do poems talk about? What do poems look like? What should be in a poem? Answer these questions by producing a poem of your own and post it here.
80 comments:
my thoughts are that it is not going to be fun and that it it lame
Peotry is a rhyming thing
that could talk about what you like
not just a piece of sheet
When someone says the word poerty I thing " as long as i don't have to write a peom I will talk about it."
poems talk about love and some times they are funny. peoms look like a lot of paragraphs put in a story form.
when i hear poem think of short storys that rhyme and tel somthing it is talkin about.
I feel like this is a serious thing and things like that that I care about.
I love to eat
I hate to love
I Like to eat
What do poems talk about:
They talk about relationsips,friendships,fights poems can be made out of everything and anything!
What do poems look like:
Poems can look like about anything really that it is based on.
What should be in a poem:
What do poems talk about:
They talk about relationsips,friendships,fights poems can be made out of everything and anything!
What do poems look like:
Poems can look like about anything really that it is based on.
What should be in a poem:
I think of a beautiful love poem. Or a funny one.
Roses are red, violets are blue, i am cool and so are you. Poems talk about real feelings. They are long with expressions of peoples thoughts. Words that rhyme, big words, and deep feelings.
Words that rhyme together. The same rhythem beat and meter.
Poems talk about what happens in life the nature, and beauty of things. Poems are usually in couplets and alot of lines. Some words can rhyme to eachother and end up in a beautiful master piece.
Anything can be in a poem.
i think of rhymes and ordered paragraphs.
roses are red violets are blue im cool and so are you.
Someone showing their love to another.
Poetry is a beautiful thing. Poems let you talk about your feelings and how you feel about something, weather it is love, hate,or your application for someone.
1. wow I hope I dont have to do that.
2. Roses are red violets are blue peoms have hards meanings and they look that two big blues.
1. wow i hope i never do that.
2. roses are red, violets are blue poems are hard and hard to read to
loved some one they really care for.
roses are red blossomes are blue all i want is just you.
anything the person wright the poem feels.
poems look all diffrent kind of of ways to wright poem.
Words that ryme to tell a story of an experiance someone has had or a made up fictional story someone has to talk about.
1.when someone says that i say oh no! it's rhyming... you have to show you feelings and all that stuff
2. When i even think of a poem i say oh no!
When I have to do it for an assignment I say oh great.
When a teacher tells me what i have to do i say i know.
1.) When i hear someone say "poetry" i think of little thoughts or quotes from somebody that is saying something imaginative or profound.
2.) "Poems are very cool they talk about lots of cool stuff, they look like lyrics to a song, and in a poem there should be words that rhyme and cool words."
1. When I hear someone say poetry I think of somebody saying quotes.
2. Poems are cool, they talk about some good stuff, they are like lyrics to a song, it has cool words in it.
When someone says "poetry", I think of something (like a story) that rymes.
Roses are red Violets are blue I love potery and so should you!
when someone says "Poetry" i think of a rhyming poem.
Roses are Red Violets are blue
Poetry is cool don't you think so to?:)
When someone says "Poetry" the frist thing that comes to mine is rhyming about somthing they like or saw.
The rain is drak. Rain is loud. What is rain. Somthing scary or somthing sweet. The rain
As the rain falls slowly to the ground coldness fills the air without a sound, slowly falling out of reach the walls are up and no one can breach, I'm blocking you out it doesn't matter even if you shout, Im my world lost in sound
1.rhythm
kristina:) will mostly i think of love,hate,death and some other things.like ryming and some other stuff. :)
1.) I think of poams when i hear the word "poetry".
i think poem is good and it is hard to write poem but i dont really like poem
Some of the few thoughts that I immediately have are, Shakespeare, rhyming and short, but I guess some are long?
Aaron's hair is bushy.
His mustash is bushy.
His arms are bushy
He likes BUSHY.
Bushy.
Haha, I didn't know what to do the poem on so I looked to my right and saw Aaron's bushy hair.
1. When i hear the word poetry the first thing that comes to mind is something that rhymes, is short, and really doesn't seem to have a deep meaning and i know thats not really what it is, its just thats what comes to mind.
2.(A)Homeroom is so boring all there is is books.
(B)So very few distractions.
(B)To help me with these actions.
(A)But i guess this is how it is when the school is full of crooks.
Ha thats kind of like the Italian Sonnet Format.
1.A few thoughts i have immediately after someone says "Poetry" is some rhymes expressing their feelings. A short story talking about their feelings.
2.poems poems oh they are so cute,
ones talk about love and ones bout flute,some are dark and some or bright, some are shame and some about fight,they talk about friend ship and also about hate, some are early, some are late, poems are an emotional thing, when they talk about something that makes u sing,
1)What does that mean?
Did you think of that yourself?
Why did you decide to read that one?
Is that poem about your own personal life?
2)Poem:
A poem is like a butterfly so wonderful and cute,
They can be mean they can be nice and some you can salute,
They talk about emotions,
They talk about the sky,
They talk about the underground,
And mostly when you die,
They're really small,
They're real petite,
They'll do it all,
They can't be beat,
There should be action,
There should be threat,
There should be more about my pet,
Remember this and you will say,
You know she was right,
Hey Hey, Hey Hey.
1. rythmn
2. roses are red violets are blue,i like candy how bout you?
Answer to number one;
WHEN i HEAR SOME ONE SAY POETRY, THE FiRST THiNG THAT POPS UP iN MY HEAD iS RYHMES AND LOVE.
Answer to number two;
ROSES ARE RED ViOLETS ARE BLUE i LiKE 1989 i-ROCZ CAMARO'S HOW ABOUT YOU?
-CRYSTAll GAMiN0(: <3
SH0UT 0UTS TO; A MEMBER OF MAJ0R iNC FREddY ANAViA, && ThE GANGSTER aka DANiEl A, MiZZ l0KiTA, MiZ UNdERST00d, DiANA, J0RGi, Mi " QUE 0NDA GUEY aka AlEX SANdOVAll, EdGAR A, M0RGAN EdMUNdS, MR.iCE CREAM MAN aka JEFFREY l0PEZ JOVANNA, CEASER G, FABiAN (:
l0VE YUhh GUYS <33 !
1. I think of a short story.
2. Poems look like a dimond figer or something like that. But they make cool figures.?
When someone says poetry i think of something like a story that rhymes and has like a beat too it like makes some sense...
Roses are red violets are blue i like poetry and you should too...
When someone says poetry i think of something like a story that rhymes and has like a beat too it like makes some sense...
Roses are red violets are blue i like poetry and you should too...
1.when they say poem i think of something that rymes.
2.Some poems are very nice and intresting they are like lyrics to a song, but in a shorter version in a poem. your suppost to use words that rhyme and make it intresting. It has its own beat going on.
when i hear "poem" i think of romance and girls and dark secrets of a person and there true self
on a dark morning he goes out
walking in the meadow jumps
a walking weird looking snout
as he runs away he thumps.
I think poetry is just an expression that rhymes and has a beat to it, well not exactly rhymes but defining what you are talking about as other things in an understanding way.
A bird cheeping in the morning spring sounds like its just brought life to the empty cold oblivion.
When i here the word poem i here i guess express your self how ever you want.
Poems don't usually are about love,friendship,and other things like that it's about what you think and what you feel not what others feel or think.
life filled with love is all that you need with yourself too.
when i here "poems' i think about love and romance and relationships.
poems talk about love and whats happeing.poems look like people having realationships and falling in love.You should put romantic stuff in a poem.
the ladys eyes are green and beutiful. she looks like the beuatiful sky in the morning her hair is beuatiful and shinny.
roses are reds viloets are orange the sky is falling but my heart is growin.
For me the first thing that comes to mind when someone says "Poetry" is rhyming. I think that a poem sounds the best when it flows and when it rhymes.
There once was a bug named Doug
he always had a mug
He lived in a tree
His last name was Lee
His best was a slug.
What do poems talk about- What ever the author is inspired to write about.
What do poems look like- the way the poem looks depends on what type of poem the author is doing.
What should be in a poem- poems should always have an main topic in it, and should make a far out statement that gets there point across.
When I hear the word Poetry, I think about someone using rhyming words and using their feelings to speak out and show emotion or a purpose.
It's Called Football
Football,
It is my favorite sport,
Not like basketball,
Where you run on a court,
There's much more to it if you know what im sayin,
Always hitting people,
running routes,
My favorite sport to be playing.
I can tell you what football is like,
it's not like basketball your shoes actually have spikes,
I learn from my coaches just how i should play,
But my name is Jack Bangerter,
WHAT MORE SHOULD I SAY....!!!
When people say poetry the first thing i think of is rhyming.
Roses are red, violets are blue, i am cool and so are you.
Poems talk about peoples true feelings.
I like rhyming poems that are funny.
Long words should be in a poem??
i think of a poem and in a poem i think their should be a main story
1. I think of people who have lots of time, and people that go outside and jsut have time?
2. Poems are very unique, some small some large. They all have to start from somewhere, most go no where, but there all there own creation made with unlimited modivation.
1. I think of people who have lots of time, and people that go outside and jsut have time?
2. Poems are very unique, some small some large. They all have to start from somewhere, most go no where, but there all there own creation made with unlimited modivation.
1.when i hear poem i think about writing your feelings in like a short story.
2.poems are like short stories that people write when they want to express their feelings. they can be sad, funny,happy,ect. its whatever you are feeling.
Q #1 when i think of "poetry" i think of, rythm, rhym, and flow.
Q #2 my life is fun and exciting
life is dangerous and hurtful
my life is crazy and wild
life can take a painful turn
life. It's a beautiful thing
why can't life be perfect?
life. it's an experiance.
why can't we just live
forever?
just have fun while it lasts.
don't look at the bad things
that will happen.
don't look at the past.
look at the good things that
will happen.
have fun while it lasts.
live, just live.
when i think of poetry i think of short stories and people letting out emotions
When somebody says "poetry" I think of love, short story telling something that you did or something about your life or something funny.
Crawfords desk is brown
she makes fun of brown people
why should we go threw this.
Just kidding Mrs.Crawford.
poetry should be a little fun cause its kinda fun but yeah
1.) when i hear the word poetry i think of Dr. Suess(i dont know why)...and love! HAHAHA!
2.) Roses are red, violets are, i love food and so do you!!!
hahaha GOD i crack myself up... ;D
i think of love and romaices
baseball is fun and so are you read sucks and you made a buck
1) rhyming and powerful !
2) poems talk about everything from love to war, rhyming is kinda important when writing a poem.
roses are red violets are blue , poetry is cool so write one to:)
1.the word poetry comes to mind when someone says poetry and rythme
2.im sitting here trying to think of a poem but can't think of one so im done with this and i am off ha.......
When Ithink Bout poetry I think about sad words and rhyming.I also think about sad short stories well most of them.
I think of ryming and deep words.
I met you as a strager took you as a friend hope we meet in heven where frindships never end.
poems are like rhyming lines when i hear the word poem i think that its gonna be boreding and long and the other thing i think its gonna rhyme
I think poems talk about life. Rhythm should be in a poem. I think that a poem can look however you want it to look like.
Poetry for me is boring and ugly i think poetry is for girls only poetry is one of the reasons i fail 8th grade last quarter because of poetry so no poetry for me.
When I hear the word Poetry, I think about someone using rhyming words and using their feelings to speak out and show emotion or a purpose.
It's Called Football
Football,
It is my favorite sport,
Not like basketball,
Where you run on a court,
There's much more to it if you know what im sayin,
Always hitting people,
running routes,
My favorite sport to be playing.
I can tell you what football is like,
it's not like basketball your shoes actually have spikes,
I learn from my coaches just how i should play,
But my name is Jack Bangerter,
WHAT MORE SHOULD I SAY....!!!
i was jk i didnt write that.hahah sorry.
THAT WHEN EVER WE START WE R GOING TO HAVE TO B TALKING ABOUT RYTHEM AND WE R GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE THINGS RIME AT THE END OF A SENTENCE.
THE MONSTER LOOK LIKE A HAT
AND HIS WIFE LOOKS LIKE A RAT
When I hear Poerty I think of a way to express feelings, how life can be and to see another point of view.
roses are red, violets are blue, daisys are yellow, now the flowers are dead. :) ha something like that
STRONG that's all i have to say poems are a very powerful way to show your emotions you can show affection love anger happiness sadness all type of emotions one thing i know for sure poems are a very good way to show your feelings (safely) :] which is good i think :) well peace
When someone says "poetry" i think of rhyms, Short stories, i think of poems, Talking about different thinks, love, hate, sports ect.
When someone says "poetry" i think of rhyms, Short stories, i think of poems, Talking about different thinks, love, hate, sports ect.
when I hear about the word poetry I think about the emotion in it ex. happiness, joy, sadness, rage, jealous, etc. that is what poetry mean to me.
Rhyming and loving.
Poems talk about kind and loving things.poems look like rhyming lines.roses are red violets are blue soccer is cool and so are you.
i think poetry sounds like music and its really cool
When someone says "Poetry" I think of Rhyming and talking about love.
Poems talk mostly about love and if it is not talking about love it is talking about friendships!
Roses are red and violets are blue but i wil always love you! hahah
when i think of poetry i think about a poem that rhymes.
A poem is sometimes trying to tell
an important message
When somebody says poetry I immediately think about rhyming and some poets.
When i think about poetry i think about sad songs or short stores or people trying let you see how they are feling on the inside
poetry is the thing that people do when they are sad. poetry is the thing that people do when there happy. i think poetry is a great thing to spend time. its all about emotions.
what pops in my head when someone says poetry is ryming and like stuff about pretty much anything u can make poetry out of anything.
wHeN i HeAr ThE WoRd,"PoEtRyYyY"
i think about;;;;;
lOvE,
HaTe,
RhYmEs,
SuMmEr TiMe<33,
fAmIlY,
and thats prp etty much it(:
♥/laurenkay[luhh]
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
p3aCe AnDd;; l0v3
i love my world, i lovemy self, and i love my family.
Poetry minds many words but depent how you put it together, you can make poems with anothers words but first you have to be listening you're self, and you'll learn how to make poems.
Answer to number 1:
Roses are red, violets are blue, i love my poetry how about you?
Number 2:
When I hear about poetry I think of a little poem with lots of rhyming and beat too.
Post a Comment